February 2021 – Wire Rope News & Sling Technology Magazine
COVER PHOTO: Doleco® USA’s DoNova® PowerLift Lifting Sling and PowerLash Textile Lashing Chain and Tie Down System are lightweight and offer the highest WLL available for textile chains. Photograph courtesy of Doleco.
The February 2021 issue of Wire Rope News magazine should have arrived! If you’re not receiving it in the mail, subscribe!
The Textile Chain Revolution Has Begun
by Rick Ashley. Textile chain technology is changing theway professionasl approach lifting and lashing tasks.
Crane Tech: There’s No Mystery to Crane Accidents
by Al Pirozzoli. Our interview with Bo Collier continues from last issue with Crane Tech’s focus on educating and improving the skills of crane operators.
MP&P Depends on Wire Rope and Slings to Stay Productive
by Al Pirozzoli. Along with employing experienced people and using the latest technology, this company shows that sometimes it all comes down to the basic use of rope and slings to keep customers satisfied.
- Supplier’s Directory Information
- Note from the Editor
- Denny’s Crane & Rigging Notes: Hoist Drum Spooling, PART III – Operating Skill Needed, it Shows!
- Inventor’s Corner
- Running wire rope and method of manufacturing same
- Comprehensive information detection system for steel wire rope
- Wire back tension device
- Compact winch
- Products in the News
- Caldwell Beams fo Schneider Electric Paint Plant
- OZ Lifting Launches Wireless Builder’s Hoist
- ALL Material Handling, Inc. Introduces Weld-on Bucket Hooks
- Columbus McKinnon Expands Intelli-Crane Portfolio with Intelli-Guide Auto-Dispatch System – Improves Productivity Through Automation
- Guardian Fall Protection Unveils Leading-Edge Cable Lanyard
- OZ Lifting Launches Stainless Steel Beam Clamp
- People in the News
- Tandemloc Lauds Daniel Colwell’s Achievement
- Pure Safety Group Names Dale Bartelson Senior VP of Sales and Marketing
- Australia’s New Lifting Representative – Steven Flint
- News in Our Industry
- Modulift Custom Lifting Frames Help HS2 Get Off the Ground
- Rope and Sling Recruits to Engineering Services Dept.
- Mazzella Companies Announces Relaunch of Website with Improved Lifting & Rigging Learning Center
- Material Handling Equipment Store Launches
- LiftEx and LEEA Award Plans for 2021 Announced
- Rope and Sling Opens Plymouth Depot
- LEEA Academy Awards Recognize Global Achievement
- Steel Industry and Labor Urged Biden to Keep Steel Tariffs in Place
- CM Labs Simulations Expands its U.S. Presence with Improved Accessibility to Services in Orlando, FL
- Rope and Sling Completes Load Tests at Rolls-Royce
- iCraneTrax now Allows Telematics Feeds to other Programs
- Steel Imports Declined 21.2% in 2020
- LEEA’s Downloadable Guide to Brexit
- The Crosby Group Launches Global Vaccine Support Program
- AISI Releases December SIMA Imports Data
- November Steel Shipments Down 11.9% from Nov. 2019
- A1A Software Recognizes Level 3 Certificants of 3D Lift Plan
- AISI Applauds Action to Strengthen Buy American Requirements for Taxpayer-Funded Projects
- Puzzle Page: Word Search and Crossword Puzzle
- Advertiser’s Index
- Classified Ads