Wire Rope News & Sling Technology MAGAZINE – December Issue
COVER PHOTO: Crane Tech’s Alex Collier demonstrates load control in Lattice Boom Crane. Photograph courtesy of Crane Tech.
The December 2020 issue of Wire Rope News magazine should have arrived! If you’re not receiving it in the mail, subscribe!
Crane Tech: There’s No Mystery to Crane Accidents
by Al Pirozzoli. Revealed in this interview with Bo Collier is his commitment to maintaining Crane Tech’s unwavering focus on education and improving the skills of crane operators.
Observing a remarkable image set an industry in motion. Dreams of making something better have always improved our lives on many levels. It’s those dreamers who at all costs dedicate themselves to betterment. You’ll find these unique individuals in every category of business. When it comes to educating and improving the skills excellence of crane operators, Crane Tech in Brandon, Florida holds just such a legacy. And it too began with an image. …read more in the December issue.
Monorails, Underhung Cranes, and Chain Hoists: Industry Work Horses
by Dennis J. O’Rourke, CSP. The safety aspects of operating lower capacity hoists is not to be taken lightly. The same precautions must be applied as when operating the bigger rigs.
I have lumped all the equipment into one article due to similar design, personnel accident exposures, and discussed in ASME B30.11 & 16. The safety exposure and accident causation with this equipment is well-defined. They perform the same functions, raise an attached load, hold it aloft, move horizontally, and control the lowering speed, no small task with many components involved. The safety aspects of operating lower capacity hoists are ever so often camouflaged from management’s view because of the light lifts involved, 100 to 5000 Lb. Great, how would you like to have a refrigerator fall on you? …read more in the December issue.
Forecast 2021: Return to Normalcy
by Phillip M. Perry. What does the future hold when it comes to elevating this economy, and our industry, and getting back to normal business routines.
Businesses can look forward to an increasingly favorable operating environment in 2021 as the economy gradually rebounds from the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic. A robust housing market should help generate activity in many business sectors, while higher corporate profits should fuel a gradual return to more aggressive capital investments. The arrival of a Covid-19 vaccine, anticipated by the middle of the year, should invigorate consumer and business confidence and elevate employment levels. …read more the in December issue.
- Supplier’s Directory Information
- Note from the Editor
- Denny’s Crane & Rigging Notes: Hoist Drum Spooling – Properly Install Wire Rope, Rarely
- Inventor’s Corner
- Hoisting and lowering device
- Cable guide mechanism for a rescue hoist
- Rope and method for producing a rope
- Rope damage diagnostic testing apparatus
- Hoist drum and fiber rope drive having such a hoist drum
- Products in the News
- Caldwell Launches Overhang Lifting Beam
- Model SDSB Standard Duty Spreader Beam
- Doleco’s DoRa Ratcheting Load Binder is 20 Percent Shorter Than Others, Extends to Twice Their Length and Makes Chain Retensioning a Breeze
- Harrington Hoists, Inc. Releases 1 Ton Mini Hand Chain Hoist
- OZ Lifting Launches Stainless Steel Trolley
- DLM Expands Running Line Monitor Range
- Stronghold by Pure Safety Group (PSG) Introduces Tool Tethering Kits to Prevent Dropped Objects
- OZ Lifting Launches Stainless Steel Chain Hoist
- SC&RA Members Partner Together for Innovation
- People in the News
- LEEA Welcomes Martin Halford to the Board
- Lifting Gear UK Appoints Sales and Marketing Director
- News in Our Industry
- ALL Crane Adds Nine New Link-Belts
- RSS Supplies JDN Air Hoists for Infrastructure Project
- September Steel Shipments Down 14.2%
- Terex Opens New Service Center in Texas
- LEEA Launches Think Lifting ‘Lesson In A Bag’
- ALL Crane Adds Six New Grove GRT8120s
- AISI Releases October SIMA Imports Data
- Why All Construction Simulators Are Not Created Equal
- RSS Installs Fall Restraint Systems at Steel Facility
- Hydra-Slide Focuses on Growth with Rebrand; New Website Launched
- Equinor’s Hywind Tampen Floating Wind Project Selects Bridon-Bekaert
- Puzzle Page: Word Search and Crossword Puzzle
- Advertiser’s Index
- Classified Ads